Dedicated to Keeping You Informed of Internet Viruses and Scams


Report Comsumer Fraud:

If you suspect a law has been violated, contact your state or local consumer protection agency. This agency may take action or refer you to another state organization that has the authority where you live. A local law enforcement officer could also be able to provide advice and assistance.

Violations of federal laws should be reported to the federal agency responsible for enforcement. While federal agencies are rarely able to act on behalf of individual consumers, complaints are used to document patterns of abuse, allowing the agency to take action against a company.

You can find the appropriate federal agency to contact with your complaint by using this online directory.

People who have no intention of delivering what is sold, who misrepresent items, send counterfeit goods or otherwise try to trick you out of your money are committing fraud. If you suspect fraud, there are some additional steps to take.

  • Contact the Federal Trade Commission.
  • Scams that used the mail or interstate delivery service should also be reported to the U.S. Postal Inspection Service. It is illegal to use the mail to misrepresent or steal money.

Reporting fraud promptly improves your chances of recovering what you have lost and helps law enforcement authorities stop scams before others are victimized.

If you suspect you have a product that poses a safety hazard, report the problem to the appropriate federal agency:

Ad Links
AARPBank of AmericaExpedia Travel
NissanReverse MortgageToyota